Thursday, March 21, 2013

Variety vs Narrow

Sometimes I wonder if anybody else's parents have their kids watch their favorite movies, or if it's just mine, because I'll be asking my friends if they've seen some movie, and they'll say no. I'll ask about another movie, and get another no. I'll move on to "Have you heard this song?" and still the negative persists. And then I'll be like, "Have you lived under a rock your whole life?!" I don't actually say it, of course, but I think it. I guess I've just been exposed to a wider variety of... stuff.

Me, Music: 

  • jazz
  • classical
  • country
  • movie music
  • religious
  • a random selection of personal favorites
  • a bunch of other stuff. 

Me, Movies: 

  • SciFi
  • Disney (the good kind, not the TV drama crap)
  • romance
  • comedies
  • chick flicks
  • action
  • musicals
  • old stuff
  • new stuff... 

My Friends, Music: 

  • new stuff
  • maybe a few personal preferences 

My Friends, Movies:

  • new stuff 
  • maybe a few personal preferences
I mean, really? There's nothing worse than have to explain "Numb tongue," to my friends because they don't watch Star Trek *gasp of horror* or facepalm because they don't know what, "This isn't a day for 'Ummm'" is from (National Treasure). At the very least I guess I should be grateful that they watch Doctor Who and have read a lot of the same books I have, but sometimes... Well, let's just say that when someone doesn't even know that "Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you'll get," is from... *picks up gun*
Signing off, Rachel

P.S. Blackie: "Go home?" Rex: "Yeah, and see someone about your hearing, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment