Saturday, March 16, 2013

Modern Art

Have you ever been to Crystal Bridges? If not, no, it isn't really a bridge, it's an art museum. Some of the stuff there is truly amazing; there are some great paintings. Landscapes, birds, Indians, flowers, the ocean, abstracts- they have all kinds of amazing things there. But then there's the modern art. Some of it's cool and interesting to look at, but some of it definitely does not belong in a museum. Here. Let's play Sesame Street's 'One of These Things is Not Like the Others.'
This is pretty amazing, right? Let's see the next one.
Wow. I mean, without the frame in this picture, at first glance could you even tell it was a painting? Now let's look at the last picture, shall we?
Okay, really? What the heck is this supposed to be? Four different colored boxes and it's suddenly considered good enough to be put inside a museum? This is one of those things that people look at and say. "My two year old could make that!" And it's no stretch. I saw another modern 'art' piece at Crystal Bridges that was a page scribbled in with black. What is this world coming to?! Don't get me wrong- I do like some modern art, but only if it's really art! I love Norman Rockwell, and Rosie the Riveter- everyone knows who she is! But if these pieces of so-called art continue to infiltrate our art world, I despair to think of what future generations will look to as artistic icons.
Signing off, Rachel
P.S. I love Van Gogh. This is real art!

No comments:

Post a Comment